Wednesday 22 February 2012

On the countdown :-(

Well you have probably all heard I'm heading home in a few weeks, while I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends and family, eating nandos, drinking costa coffee and watching tv, I am quite sad to be leaving the mountains! It's not being helped by the fact we have clear blue skies all the time at the minute!

Basically my summer job is starting early, so I need to be back for Easter, and a wee bit earlier for training! Despite wishing I could do my English heritage job and stay here I am looking forward to being back on the wall! Swapping one place with awesome scenery for another so can't really complain :-) plans are afoot to come back to the alps in November, hopefully as a rep!

Work has been the same as usual really recently, although we did have a large group booked in who left a very impressive tip.... Enough to buy a couple of nice new things! I have definitely decided that running a chalet on my own is a bit too stressful, I worked with my flatmate for a couple of days at the start of this week and it was soooooo much nicer working with someone else!! Especially when you both get on and do the job properly! Plus this week we are all getting an extra day and half off as the chalets are quiet! So looking forward to some lie ins!

I've been back on my skis again, finally!! Went out on Saturday with some of my work mates, first time I've really skied with some of them, and it was fun! Apparently I'm not as rubbish as I still think and it's really obvious that it's all a confidence thing! So gonna upgrade my skis and try skiing on better ones, see if that helps! Was out again today but it was stupidly busy! Massive queues and far far too many people on the slopes, ah well Parisian half term ends this wknd so fingers crossed it will go back to normal and I can spend the next three weeks skiing lots!

I have noticed this week that there are gangs of teenagers roaming around resort, reminded me of home lol!

Well I'm off to sleep, gotta get my rest before going in to look after my two guests!!

Ps check out the giant snow elephants in the square!!

No comments:

Post a Comment