Wednesday 8 February 2012

Halfway through

So halfway through the season..... It's still great out here! I am run down and m having to make more of an effort to sleep and eat better but I'm definitely still enjoying it! It's a weird feeling to know that from now it's almost a count down to coming home, which now feels very soon! I think in a few weeks the end of season panic will start to kick in for everyone and there will be more skiing and partying than ever before! I'm already looking to next season, am thinking meribel? I quite like the idea of working in different resorts each year, can't get bored then! :-)

I haven't updated for ages, mainly because my parents were here and I was too busy! We had a pretty fantastic week of fresh snow, sunshine, nice lunches and drinks on the hill! Was also pretty good to realise I am a better skier than I keep saying, I have improved ad found myself flying down slopes I'd struggled with a few weeks before, so guess all those private lessons are helping bring the confidence back :-) it was a shame to say bye on sat (ESP as their journey home was ridiculously disrupted by tiny amount of snow in the uk!)

It really has made me laugh this last week with all the panic and chaos caused by a wee bit of snow! Seriously the reports I saw on the bbc made it look like the world was ending, for snowfall totals and temperatures that wouldn't even register here! It's been unbelievably cold here this week, rarely above -15 c during the day and down to -25 ish at night, you know it's really cold when you breathe in and your nose freezes shut! Luckily it's warming up a bit now, back to above -15 anyway!!

Think I'll ski tomorrow, it's just been too cold and ive been catching up on missed sleep! And maybe by tomorrow my eyes will feel better too! It's half term next week so everywhere will be so busy! At the min my chalet has no bookings for the week after half term, am busy praying it stays that way because I could do with a break and chance to do the mid season deep clean without guests! But I reckon it will fill up and I'll have to try to clean bathrooms with toothpicks around my guests!

Well I'd better get back to doing nothing today :-) and try to decide which ski pants I'm gonna buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment