Wednesday 4 April 2012

Home!!

So I'm home and have been for a couple of weeks, my last few weeks in la Plagne were really nice, skiing, sunshine and nice lunches with the girls. Also a few cheeky drinks.... Which mainly involved me being actually dragged out of my flat with a smirnoff ice in hand! Was def a little emotional on my last day! The journey home was ok too, I somehow managed to sleep most Of the coach journey and the ferry was actually fine! Within about five minutes I realised my fears of the ferry were all really stupid and I enjoyed the trip! Especially being able to see Dover within about 15 mins of leaving Calais! The only disappointment was the "first class" train back to Carlisle!! One manky free coffee and a dirty train! Still by five pm I was back in Carlisle! Welcomed back by clear blue skies and warm weather, felt very strange!! Headed straight off to pick my car up and see my bro and his misses and the bump!

Twelve hours later and I was on a train to York for training and that was it, back to the real world and my old job!

The strangest thing and something very few people understand, is that as soon as I got back it really feels like I was never away! I know I was and it was great, but because I am back it all just feels a bit surreal!! The only people I know who understand are this who have been travelling! The strangest thing was going back to work, felt like I'd just been on holiday! In a good way lol! I do miss everyone and sunshine and snow and lunches at scotty's and Tuesday nights out and even Plagne centre with its lovely concrete buildings!

I am going to go back to the alps in November hopefully as a rep? Try something different!

So now I'm back and working and getting on with summer........ And counting down to the next winter :-) Only 7 months.......

No comments:

Post a Comment