Wednesday 14 December 2011

Too much snow??

Well it's been a while since I posted, this is mainly down to being ridiculously busy setting up chalets, cleaning, getting surprise last minute guests, shopping trips on blizzards to bourg, drinking and an odd bit of skiing!

Er well chalet set up etc is very dull so I will spare you the details, first guests arrived on Sunday, so first transfer day is tomorrow.... Cooking and everything is going well!

I've been out a few times, mainly to scotties, where I manage to get incredibly drunk on a couple of pints and spend the rest of the night bouncing around to whichever crazy French band is playing that night and just generally have a fab time. Now my guests have arrived I'm only really going out on a Tuesday night so I can sleep in on my day off!

The resort opened last Saturday, I did ski, not much but enough to convince me to spend some hard earned cash on lessons. I've gone for private lessons because it's a confidence thing with me! First lesson was entertaining! Great instructor but my skiing was bad for the first hour, after that I got a bit better! Thursday we all had a free group lesson which again really helped, despite the fact we were skiing in a blizzard! The snow was awesome, best I've been on in a long long time! By the end I was feeling pretty good about my skiing so tomorrow I'm off for another private lesson to kinda keep the momentum going! I wanted to go up today but there was more chalet set up to be done!

On the snow front I think we've had about 90cms in the last two days? It's definitely a lot anyway! It looks so cool out there but it is delaying full resort opening which does kinda suck! I think this is the week it's going to turn really cold.... Down in the -20s I believe!! It does make me laugh though, seeing the news about snow chaos on the uk! Here it's barely a problem on the roads!

I don't really have any pics for now, sure I will get some soon :-)

Right its time to head back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment